2011年5月23日星期一

No Bent Pages….Mother Dearest « kimberlisshorts

I have this thing about books…….:)

So, I was putting the last of my books away today in the last book shelf in my new room.  Most of my books are in very good condition.  No creases, no bent tops of pages for those who suffer from some mental illness that prevents them from using bookmarks……

My books are clean and organized by author and subject matter.  I came across this sad little paperbook by Dominck Dunne.  It was creased and torn.  It had little bend marks at the top of the pages.  I looked at is as one looks at a pet that has just peed on the carpet or a child that has played in the mud and then come in the house…..and sat on the white couch…

But it is not the book's fault.  It has an illness caused "My Mother Read Me".  Yes, my mother…every book she has ever owned or borrowed looks as if it has been through a shredder.  When she comes to town, she will ask if she can borrow a book to read while she is here.  It makes me cringe and get a tick lol…..I usually give her a hardback because they are harder to destroy.  I will even remove the cover to keep it safe from  drinking glass marks…….I always lend her a bookmark and she knows why….

So I set that little sick and sad book I found today aside…my OCD will not allow me to put it in my book shelf.  I thought about shooting it and putting it out of its misery lol but instead I am going to save it for the next time my mother wants to borrow a book.  She can read it again…..

没有评论:

发表评论