2011年5月21日星期六

Saturday morning workout AND Doctor visit « Fight2GetRight: Fat Girl Habits, Skinny Girl Flow

Happy Saturday Everyone!!!

Hope everyone is alive and well! With all that talk of the world ending, blah, blah, blah had to make sure my readers are fine!!

Anywho, I woke up this morning feeling good! I went out for some catch-up drinks with a good friend of mine last night. When I woke up this morning, I didnt feel groggy–perhaps I slept in a LITTLE late this morning! 9am is "late" for me. But as soon as I woke up I got dressed and went to the gym! Oh boy, oh boy!! Did I have an AWESOME workout! I felt FABULOUS when I left the gym and the fabulous feeling is still lingering as I am typing to you now!

My Saturday morning workout went as follows–

3 sets of 12 leg lifts on this piece of equipment

 I placed each foot on the black part of the equipment, let my arms rest on the red cushion and I held on to the raised black bars. I simply rested my back on the blue ball, lifted both my legs(straight, not bent) the highest that they can come up and lowered them back down. An intense exercise at first but with time I will conquer this with no problems!! F2GR!!

Next exercise is for my lower back(targets my back fat that I HATE!!)

So with this machine, I just had a seat with the front of my body facing the machine. I placed the weights on 60lbs. All you do is stand to pull the bar down, once the bar is pulled down and you are back to your seated position, you lean your head forward a tad bit–if not you will hit yourself with the bar! In two motions, you pull the bar down(with head tilted) and release(while still holding the bar)., basically you are going up and down with the bar. I completed 3 sets of 12.

See the target area that this machine works out! LOVE IT!! BACK FAT BE GONE! Woop!! F2GR!!!

The next area that I worked on was chest. I chose to work on this machine…

With this machine, I sat down with my back against the red cushion. I set the weights at 40lbs. I placed the lower section of my arms on the red cushion and placed my hands on the black bars that you can slightly see, which are sticking out. Once everything was in place, I pulled both arms together until the yellow bars of the machine touched. This is a bit challenging,as I do not work on my chest often but Im trying to build muscle tissue there–I cant say this enough, but Im hoping to increase bust shrinkage!! LOL! I completed 3 sets of 12.

See the muscles it targets! You think if I keep doing this, I can drop down TWO bust sizes!!!???!! LOL! Wishful thinking but GEESH! At least ONE! LOL!

Moving right along! After this exercise, I went over to my ab crunch machine.

On this machine the seat moves from the left, right and center. First, I started off in the center with my feet behind the red cushion at the bottom, my hands are holding the black bars and I am pulling my body in to workout that abdominal muscle. I do 3 sets of 12 ; however, on the 12th crunch, I hold it for 10 seconds before releasing. Something that my trainer taught me:-). The next set(3 sets 0f 12) is for my left oblique, same deal as the first set and the final set is for my right oblique. Whew! Talk about feeling it!

The next four excerises that I did were on the mat. It's hard to take pictures to show but hopefully in the future I can have someone take pictures of me while I am doing the exercises. But for the end of my workout, I worked on my lower back. I took a 50lbs weight bar. I started with my feet together , I reached down to pick up the weight bar, I only come half way up, then I go back down to the ground. I do not put the weight bar down until I have completed the set(3 set of 12). Throughout the exercise, my arms are straight and I am going coming halfway up before going back down. Another excerise taught to me by my trainer!:-)

For the next exercises, I worked on my arms(dumbbell curls; 3 sets of 20), shoulders(a combination exercise with 10lbs dumbbells) more abs but on the mat and an exercise that my trainer called a "roll out" For the roll out, I am on the mat, on all fours; with the weight bar(30 lbs) I literally roll the weight bar out as far as I can go–this works my core(abs) and roll the weight bar back in; I end back on all fours. Once I am on all fours again, I lift the bar up over my head(working my back), bring the weight bar back down and ROLL OUT ALL OVER AGAIN. I repeat this exercise until I complete 12. As always, I complete 3 sets of 12. This exercise is a killer. I was proud of myself because a woman at the gym, who was next to me said that my form for this exercise was good. I was happy, because I always feel like I look silly.  This exercise is very challenging for me! Mind you,this woman was intense with her workout, she looked like she could be a trainer,so I took the compliment that she gave me and smiled!!

After the gym, I had to go to the Doctor for a check up for my knee!!

Well, the good news is that there is NO fluid in my knee!! So I can go back to running and working out my lower body. HOWEVER, I have a condition called Pre-Patellar Tendonitis. So now I have to see an orthopedic doctor. I will keep everyone posted on how my visit to the orthopedic doctor goes. I had to buy a knee brace for when I run and workout. I bought the brace ASAP! When I come back from out of town, Im going running first thing! YAaaayy!!

Stay healthy! Stay active and FIGHT2GETRIGHT!!!

没有评论:

发表评论