2011年4月17日星期日

30 Day Song Challenge: your favourite song at this time last year | Professional losers. Check it.

arthur russell_2

My favourite song in April last year was actually a song that is much older than that. A friend of mine introduced me to Arthur Russell around this time last year, and I know I'm a latecomer but his name started popping up everywhere after that. He's influenced a lot of the electronic artists I'm listening to nowadays, and it was this song that springs to mind when I think back to last year.

This Is How We Walk On The Moon is both sad and overjoyed, thanks to the melancholic cello matched by Russell's one-of-a-kind falsetto. It always reminds me of that exciting, intangible notion of discovery, the taste of something new and completely of its own world.

Tell your peeps: Facebook

没有评论:

发表评论