2011年4月28日星期四

devastation. « Accidental Attention

Yesterday I experienced something that I never thought would ever get that close to my life. Tornado devastation. Currently I'm able to access the internet thanks to the public library, but the things I've seen in pictures and just walking around our campus leave me speechless. It's one of those situations I wish I could just open my eyes from and pretend they didn't exist. Or like a big nightmare you have as a little kid, the kind where you end up crawling into your parents bed for the night and being eased in that way.
I'm fortunate. Really. I'm really lucky that the tornado did not hit me directly. Instead, it hit everything around me. And seeing pictures and actually seeing the devastation is heartbreaking to say the least.
You never realize what you have until it's gone. I've learned that more today than ever. I'm truly speechless over all of this and thankful for the fact that I still have a home. I'm praying for those who lost things and all of the people that were killed. Truly a tragedy. Pictures of the tragedy can be found on the Tuscaloosa News Website.

没有评论:

发表评论