2011年4月19日星期二

Audio on St Athanasius « "I am the King's Man."

I am an auditory learner.  I used to spend hundreds of hours on the road traveling.  I had several hundred mp3s on my iPod of just theology and history lectures alone.  So when I first became interested in Orthodoxy and the Church Fathers, I immediately looked up audio lectures on the Saints.   I was dismayed by the dearth of material.  There were a few via Ancient Faith Radio, but even then it was only snippets. Some Reformed seminaries did have substantial audio on these topics, but it was done from a perspective which didn't understand even the basic points of Patristic theology (as they would likely grudgingly admit).

Fr Raphael Johnson has produced a lot of good talks on many Orthodox saints, to which I will link here. St Athanasius of Alexandria. Towards the end Fr Raphael makes the interesting suggestion that Arius' god parallels the false god of Freemasonry.  Both are architects but not fully God in the Triune sense.   He should have fleshed it out a bit more but it is an interesting thesis:  both Arianism and Freemasonry can from Egypt.   It would be interesting to tie this in with Pyramidial and Obelisk Religion and the Perennial Philosophy.   Another interesting idea is that the British isles became Arian roughly the same time they became Masonic.

Filed under: occult, Doctrine of God, christology, audio Tagged: | freemasonry, athanasius, arianism, perrenial philosophy

没有评论:

发表评论