2011年4月8日星期五

Back to School! « Sara Meets Life

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE BIRTHDAY WISHES!!!! I had the greatest twenty second birthday I could ever dream of. Whoever said 21 is better than 22 has got it all wrong. It's all about the deuces baby ;)

I started off my birthday weekend with a little shopping with my family. I had no idea what to ask for, I have everything I could possibly need! My mom insisted that we stop by Express to look for business professional outfits, and a birthday outfit for later that night :) I found some adorable tops, bottoms, and a nice blazer! I can't wait to wear them out. Later that night my sorority was having a senior dinner at El Jalisco, a Mexican restaurant famous for their 2 for 1 margaritas.

After dinner (if half a burrito, two margaritas and a "birthday" tequila shot constitute dinner ;) ) my mom and I were a little giggly to say the least :) My sorority sisters and I went to the pub to celebrate me turning 22 at midnight while my parents went back to the hotel to catch up on some ZzZzZz's. I had a wonderful time with this guy…

Danced the night away with these girls… Did a little of this at midnight… And ended the night looking like this

How I ended up with a paper towel wrapped around my head, I'll never know. But at least I had a good time ;) Sunday I went to a birthday lunch with my parents and Paul before they left for Orlando. The rest of the day was pretty low key and relaxing, exactly what I wanted!

Monday our sorority had a themed date function. I loved reading your guesses about what we could possibly be doing that would send us Back To School ;) We all dressed up as kindergarterners and went to the bar behind our house with our dates. Because Paul was out of town, I brought a friend of a friend so that my little's boyfriend would have someone to hang out with. After drinking at Paddy's, we all made our way to (wait for it) FUNSTATION! Hello free video games, laser tag, putt putt golf, batting cages, and (my personal favorite) GO KARTS!!!!!!!!!!

Best. Date. Function. Ever.

….and did I mention we took a zebra print school bus!?

Wednesday after a long day of classes, I quickly went to cheer on my sisters participating in a fraternity's philanthropy which is a dance competition. We call this event linedance (even though it's definitely not linedancing ;) ) and it's a huge competition and every sorority is extremely competitive. Although we always do well, the top 3 places are usually a mix between the same 4 sororities. After watching our performance, I couldn't speak. Not only was I speechless, but I had lost my voice from cheering so loud. WE ROCKED IT! I was so proud of the amazing routine my sisters put on. As great as I thought we were, I had no idea how we compared to the other performances.

You would think we would be anxiously awaiting the results, but in actuality we didn't think there was any way we would place in the Top 3. It's been the same small clump of sororities year after year, who are we to bust in and mess with the system?

The announcer grabbed the microphone.

"The second runner up is…….. SIGMA……DELTA……TAU!!!!!!"

……………………………

……………………………

……………………………

Wait, WHAT!?!?!? HE SAID US!!!!!!! Excitement couldn't even begin to describe how we were feeling. The amount of pride I had for my sisters is unexplainable. I am dying to share a video of our dance for you all, but the only one I have available to me is on facebook. Does anyone know how to take a video from facebook and post it on here?? :)

Obviously after this monumental victory in our sorority's history (we've only been on campus for 7 years, where most sororities have been on campus for 50+ years) we HAD to go out and celebrate. As of today, I officially have only THREE WEEKS UNTIL GRADUATION. It makes me so sad that college is coming to an end, so although for the next couple of weeks my blog posts may be sporadic, just know I'm out having the best time possible with the amount of time left :)

SENIORS!!!

没有评论:

发表评论