2011年4月15日星期五

A cup of ‘Instant Karma’, anyone? | Moss Tea

Pastor Terry Jones of the Red Neck Assembly of God demonstrated admirably the Buddhist concept of Karma on 20 March, when he held a 'Mock trial' for the Koran, finding it guilty on 5 counts of 'crimes against humanity' before burning the book. He threatened to do this before the 11 September last year, and there was an international outcry of fury, so it's not like he didn't know it was coming….

Still, when 19 UN employees were killed in the ensuing riots in Afghanistan, I wonder if he pondered their blood on his hands. He acted, they died. Karma is not by definition something that levels the score with you personally – indeed there is no score – there is only action & reaction. He acted, they died. He caused and effect, they felt the full brunt of the effect.

He probably doesn't see himself as culpable. I doubt he's had an introspective thought in his life. But if I stick a long pole into a bee's hive and you get stung in the ensuing chaos, who is responsible – the bees? And before I get a Fatwa declared on my life, let me add that if I was to walk into the 'Green Beret's' mess hall and announce that I thought only fairies had wings, I wouldn't be under any illusion that it would be a while before I would be back on solids. The fact is, any basic intelligence learns to link cause & effect. This Pastor, a Man of some sort of god, (but it sure as hell isn't mine, ) pulled his publicity stunt, & 19 people died.

He's culpable, and should be held criminally liable for it. Share this: Facebook Email Share

没有评论:

发表评论