2011年4月23日星期六

A “Good Friday”, dying to self « The Schooley's

So yesterday was my last day at work, a good Friday for me. I have been employed there for about 10 years and it has actually become a part of who I am. It has supplied for my family, taught me about hard work, perseverance, and how to get dissapointed in life and keep going. The life of a salesman! After a few exit interviews and some paperwork I was on my way home when I realized that right now I actually have nothing. I am living at my mother-inlaws out of a suitcase, all of my belongings are somewhere between California and Durham North Carolina, I have no job, I have said good buy to all my friends, and have essentially nothing. I turned on the radio and realized that it was Good Friday, and that it was near the time that Jesus died on the Cross. I felt a peace as the Lord reminded me He too died to this life and He rose again to a new life in a few days. I saw the paralell in my own life. Today, I pretty much died to my life that I have been striving for, for so many years. And on Monday, I will be rising up and walking in the new life that He has called me to.

Needless to say, it was a Good Friday for me and the Schooly5. We only have a few days left until we drive across the great nation, and are embarking on the new chapter He is writing, in the story of our lives.

没有评论:

发表评论