2011年4月13日星期三

Ranting for the love of facebook « jennalynw

Throughout all of my years of participating on the Facebook network, I have never really appreciated the tool until this week. I had always used the site to talk to friends from Chicago that I didn't see regularly, sadly be reminded (because I forget) of people's birthdays, and look at photographs of myself and others. This week, I have found a new appreciation for "The Facebook."
I decided to make a hand made book of the snowboarding portraits that I have been taking this semester (some from the show last week and some others). I am friends with most of the people I photographed on Facebook- a way to make appointments for photographing, and just befriending in general. This week, I realized that I needed a lot of information about the snowboarders that I hadn't received when photographing them; (such as their addresses, age, position on mountain, which mountain they mostly ride on, and how long they have been riding for). On a very short notice, I needed a good amount of information and turned to Facebook for help.
All in one day I received all of the information necessary to put this handmade book together, and without Facebook this really would not have been possible. Most of the them do not have cell phones, and those that do I do not have their phone numbers. They also live far away and it would not be possible for me to go physically contact them. Facebook really did it's job this week- thus I have found a new appreciation for the device.

没有评论:

发表评论