2011年4月17日星期日

Sunday, April 17 | Kapachino

It's Sunday night and I'm about to go to bed. I love bedtime, but Sunday nights are tough, with that whole long week ahead.

This evening I had my second prenatal massage. I'm going every two weeks now. I joined at first because I had a pulled muscle and David said I could, but now my muscle is healed and yet I signed a 6-month contract. I could just go monthly, but for now I'm enjoying the indulgence. Prenatal massages are weird because you have to lie on your side. Then you have to flip to the other side halfway through, and I feel like a giant ball of lard. For some reason getting situated lying down puts me out of breath and I can never quite get comfortable. Then I got heartburn halfway through, so I don't think I enjoyed it as much as I could have. But anyway, your boobs are a little bit exposed in a prenatal massage because you have to lie on your side, and then the therapist actually massages your pectorals and all around your boobs. Then she actually brushes over your nipples when she's finishing that part. The first time it happened I was so surprised, and afterward I actually felt ashamed. But today I was expecting it, and I just thought of it as a clinical, relaxation thing, and that helped. But in two weeks I'm having a different therapist, and I'm curious as to whether she'll do the breast massage or not.

I'm 26 1/2 weeks pregnant. They tell me I'm small, but I feel big. Pregnancy is very uncomfortable. I sort of like the attention, and I love feeling Meredith (that's our daughter) move around and I feel very satisfied knowing that I'm keeping her safe and bringing her into this world, but I don't like the other parts of being pregnant. To admit that makes me feel guilty, because it was so hard for us to get here. But I'd do it in a second to have a baby, and I'll do it again if I can.

没有评论:

发表评论