2011年4月24日星期日

Earl & Layla: An Unintended Distraction From a Very Quiet Highway « Classical music & a ball-point pen.

There is an unspoken rule that states: when two people are alone in a quiet space, be the first to make a sound. Of course, this may be an unspoken rule in my own head, I haven't quite surveyed to find the exact number of people who also follow this law of human interaction.

When we passed the fifty mile mark into Kansas I began to feel gravely lonely. Now, as I see town after town passing by and no words are being uttered, I begin to wonder if Earl is feeling just as awkward. Earl is weird, though. He most likely enjoys the silence as it is some form of internal healing that energizes his aura… or something.

I open my mouth, but no words come out. I try once more, but only a low groan escapes my throat. I sigh, rolling my eyes in a manner that is completely coined by females of the sarcastically ungrateful generation. This is my final try, I say in my head, but what is there to say? Look at all these corn-fields. How incredibly superb. Or, how about: which mountain are we going to? As if he honestly knows. I flash through the different conversation starters, all the while day-dreaming with my mouth wide open. I am an attractive human.

Finally, I break this silence, and to my dismay it was not the break I was intending. As I fixed my lip to begin, a long and embarrassingly loud belch escaped instead of the intended and moronically cliché phrase I had written perfectly in the lines scribed into my brain.

"Nice one!" Earl exclaims, suddenly grinning broadly. I shake my head and crash my head back into the pleather seat.

On the PopPressed Radar Print Magazine's New Visual Artists Saint Petersburg Unveils Primorskiy Zoological Park with Geodesic Domes What One Does In Paris if One is a Carter or Knowles

没有评论:

发表评论