2011年4月22日星期五

Weatherstar, “Crystal Ball” « Truth Or Sarah

Truth:

Weatherstar, composed of singer-songwriter Cameron Walker and drummer Billy Toti, released the "Crystal Ball" EP. The digital EP consists of two songs, the title track, "Crystal Ball," and "Can't Get Away From You."

Sarah:

When I had first heard of Weatherstar, the band played had a more acoustic feel to it. In fact, back in 2010, they released the album, "Acoustic." So when I heard the "Crystal Ball" EP, I was surprised. But in a good way. Hardcore fans may think that Weatherstar has ditched his acoustic roots and sold-out to the digital autotuning musical realm. Maybe that's true. But maybe not. There's a huge difference between selling out and finding yourself out. Weatherstar created a sound that, while may seem too poppy, is actually just perfect. It's pop-heavy beats make it radio-worthy, but the lyrics are still Weatherstar:

Wherever I go

I'll be the same person you already know

That life is so perfect

(Woah-oh-oh) I don't need no crystal ball

(Woah-oh-oh) Yea, all I need is you…

And "Can't Get Away From You":

24/7, yea I still feel the same

I try to stop my heart, but you won't let it break

Waiting for something to pull me away

But I can't get away from you…

At least Weatherstar isn't singing about getting wasted at a club with millions of girls on his side. No, the lyrics are still meaningful, they just have a more upbeat background to it.

If you like Stephen Jerzak's "She Said," Breathe Electric's "Stay With Me," or School Boy Humor's "Show Me," you'd love this EP.

Preview the songs!

Get the EP!

Follow them on Twitter!

Find them on Facebook!

On the PopPressed Radar Print Magazine's New Visual Artists Saint Petersburg Unveils Primorskiy Zoological Park with Geodesic Domes What One Does In Paris if One is a Carter or Knowles

没有评论:

发表评论