2011年4月3日星期日

Prototype « Anotheryarn Crafts

This weekend I had plans to go see Susan Beal at Powell's and pick up her most recent book, Modern Log Cabin Quilting. On Friday night I got the idea for this necklace, and thanks to my nearly clean sewing/craft room I was able to make it on Saturday and wear on Sunday to showoff to Susan – I'd have never come up with this if it weren't for her books (Bead Simple helped me figure out how to use jewelry pliers, of Bead Simple also keeps me from swearing off jewelry making as a hobby altogether, and that just means one more section of the craft store that has a siren call to me).

prototype

This particular piece is a bit unintentionally wonky and getting it attached to the chain was much more difficult than I anticipated. I'm hoping to make some improvements on the next one that I make.

April 3, 2011. Tags: jewelry, quilting. quilting, Sewing.

没有评论:

发表评论